We’re all about supporting Seattle’s businesses whenever we can so we wanted to take a moment to encourage you to love on your loved ones with local goods this year for Valentines. Here are a few of our favorite holiday-worthy sweets, eats and treats from local vendors we are crushing on this year.
- Kick off the day by Treating your sweetest with a dozen of Top Pot’s pretty in pink feather boa doughnuts, or pink rainbow sprinkle doughnuts; Top Pot Doughnuts $12.99/dozen
- Brew some love with Remedy Teas, the Seattle organic loose leaf tea company’s that stirs up a sensuous blend of flower scented organic white teas, roses, lavender and peppermint fittingly named #14 Love Buds and is sure to tantalize any taste buds! Remedy Tea, Capitol Hill at 345 15th ave E for $14.82/2oz tin.
(For those of you feeling particularly inspired, we love this idea for DIY valentines tea bags from the Cupcakes and Cashmere blog)
- Pick up a plate of Salumi’s sure to please cured meats or a “hot meat plate” for your hot date. Salumi Cured Meats, 309 3rd Ave S (Pioneer Square)
- Le Fournil Bakery on Eastlake churns out photo-worthy Strawberry Pistachio Tarts this time of year. Treat you and yours at Le Fournil, 3230 Eastlake Ave E, $22.00/10in tart
- Don’t have a sweet tooth this year? Set the scene for your flame with the Glassy Baby Love Story Set instead! Glassybaby has locations in Madrona or University Village or purchase this set online at www.glassybaby.com
- Prepared to “shell out” for the good stuff?..Channel the greek goddess of love with an aphrodesiac on the half shell. We recommend the Taylor Shellfish Kumamoto oysters; “favorites of beginners and gurus alike, (kumamotos) offer a sweet treat with their unique melon tones”. $12.99/dozen, Taylor Shellfish at Melrose Market, 1521 Melrose Ave.
- What’s Valentines Day without chocolate? We have a weakness for Seattle’s own Theo Chocolates “amazing, delicious and mind-bendingly wonderful.” Our pick for Valentines is their Casanova Caramel Sampler; their delectable caramels with organic and fairtrade ingredients like sensual rose and exotic saffron, ginger, sea salt, jalapeno, and lavender. Pick some up at any local Bartell Drugs Store; $8.80/4 piece box
- If your honey prefers wine to bubbles, bring home some more pink this Valentines with a bottle of Cave B Winery’s 2010 Saignee Rose. This blend of Merlot and Syrah has aromas of “Macerated Strawberries, rhubarb, fresh ripe cherries, raspberries, strawberry jam and even a bit of baked peaches.” Cave B promises a mouthful of “mixed berry ‘yumminess‘” with this bottle. $14.99, most Seattle specialty wine stores.
- Turn up the heat with a jar of Mama Lil’s Pickled Peppers. Grown and made in Washington’s Yakima Valley, these little snacks are sure to kick-start a fiery night. Pick up a jar at Madison Market, Madrona Wine Store, Capitol Hill’s Eat Local, or any Whole Foods. $8.99/jar
- If you’re feeling up for something a little fancier, take home a tantalizingly tasteful Triple Coconut Cream Pie from Tom Douglas’s Dahlia Bakery. A perfect pie for 2 is just $19.00!