This eastern shoreline of Lake Washington has many other activities to offer that take advantage of the beautiful views and scenery. Below are just a few of these wonderful neighborhood amenities and attractions to explore:
Juanita Beach Park: Fabulous public beach with U-shaped swimming area, big dock, shallow water, sandy beach, tennis courts, baseball diamond, BBQ facilities and many trails for walking/running.
OO Denny Park: a 46 acre park on Lake Washington at the foot of Finn Hill complete with many trails for hiking and biking, picnic tables, and Lake Washington shoreline.
St. Edward State Park: a 316 acre park smack in the middle of a beautiful suburban setting with 3000 feet of freshwater shoreline on Lake Washington, a rich history, and beautiful architecture. This park is great for hiking and biking on its miles of trails that lead to the shoreline, it has the largest kids playground structure in the greater seattle area, large open fields for field games and picnicking, and great swimming area for swimmimg and wading. It even hosts a series of outdoor concerts in the summer. (Discover Pass; $30 or $10 day parking w/park entry required)
Rent paddle boards from North West Paddle Surfers and cruise the lake.
Some of Bennion & Deville’s favorite Kirkland restaurants:
- Cactus – Lively, very family friendly mexican restaurant.
- Café Juanita – Small romantic Italian restaurant with incredible food and great atmosphere.
- Trellis Restaurant – New American food w/farm-to-table influence, great outdoor patio for summer dining.
- Purple Café and Wine Bar – Solid food, fabulous wine selection, great meeting spot or date spot!
- Volterra – Delicious Italian food, and the contemporary sister to it’s original Ballard location.